Building foundations for big picture health and wellbeing in schools
5 ACTION AREAS:
- Building a healthy school policy for health and wellness.
- Creating supportive environments in the school and the community.
- Strengthening community action.
- Developing personal skills.
- Re-orienting action toward prevention of illness, and promotion of whole school health and wellbeing.
These action areas are firmly founded by the World Health Organisation’s health promotion strategies and embody the ideals of Enabling, Mediating, and Advocating good health.
So what do aim to achieve at a Staff Wellbeing Workshop?
- Providing an opportunity for staff to develop strategies and actions for good workplace health and wellbeing.
- Developing personal skills through implementation and practise of mindful movement, stress management, goal-setting for health and wellness, Daily methods of operation, energy focus skills, state management, mindset management and reflection of the holistic nature of health and wellbeing
- Creating a supportive community-focused environment that empowers growth and development of balance in health and wellness and that encourages individual action
- Educate staff on the value of health and wellness and grow their knowledge and understanding of how they can effectively and efficiently live this out in our busy modern lives.
- Upskill and enhance the ability of staff to share the skills and knowledge of healthy living with their families and their students.
Some examples of what we can do in a workshop include (but are not limited to):
- Mindful movement practice
- Mindful eating and eating with purpose
- Managing your State strategies in practice
- Creating space in your day for your health and wellbeing
- Daily methods of operation – identifying the non-negotiables for health and wellbeing
- Role modelling health and wellbeing – strategies and practices for growing the value of health and wellbeing in your staffroom and classroom